Our Decking Oil nourishes and protects your deck, leaving a lightly tinted finish. It's rainproof in 2 hours, and can be given another coat in just 6 hours
- Restores wood's natural oils
- Prevents colour fading
- Beautiful natural finish
- Resists mould and algae growth
Write a review
Ronseal Decking Oil
Ronseal Decking Oil provides your deck with natural looking protection. It provides a protective barrier against water penetration where constant weathering can cause swelling and warping.
As well as enhancing your deck's beauty and providing superb waterproofing protection, our scuff resistant formula means it also protects against foot traffic.
Before You Start
Old Decking: Use Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver to remove any dust, grease, oil, mildew, algae and other contaminants. Remove any loose, flaking or peeling coatings. For best results and to avoid patchiness remove all previous coatings. Ensure the ends are adequately protected using Ronseal Decking End Grain Protector.
New Decking: The timber should be allowed to weather naturally (usually 6 months) to ensure any pre-treatment has sufficiently eroded to allow penetration and adhesion of the Oil. Clean the deck using Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver, using a scrubbing brush to open the pores of the wood and remove any contamination from the manufacture of the decking. Then rinse thoroughly with clean water, ideally using a pressure washer and allow to dry completely before overcoating. Test effectiveness of cleaning by splashing the deck with water, if beading occurs, re-clean. Retest prior to applying Decking Oil.
The shade label indicates approximate colour only. We recommend you test a small area to determine the final colour which may be influenced by the texture, grain, colour, porosity, type of wood and previous treatment.
Please note that Ronseal Decking Oil cannot be used in conjunction with Ronseal Perfect Finish Decking Oil.
- Do not apply in wet conditions or if rain or frost is likely before the product is dry.
- Shake Ronseal Decking Oil thoroughly before pouring the entire contents into a suitable metal or plastic container. Stir before and during use. Do not dilute. If using more than one tin mix together prior to use.
- Apply a "flood" coat using a good quality brush or roller.
- Apply a second coat following the same method. Allow 6 hours between the coats.
- Remove as much product as possible from application tools before cleaning. Clean brushes immediately with white spirit or paint brush cleaner. Do not empty into drains or watercourse. Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of waste coatings.
- Decking treated with Ronseal Decking Oil can be cleaned using Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver. Inspect the coating on a 6 monthly basis and re-coat when necessary.
Usage Areas: Quality ridged or smooth hardwood and softwood decking.
Compatibility: Suitable for use on untreated, previously oiled or weathered decking.
Clean Up: White spirit or paint brush cleaner.