Ultimate Protection Decking Stain
Our Ultimate Protection Decking Stain is the best choice if you're looking for a long-lasting finish. It protects against harsh weather and people walking on it, so it's great for busy areas. It'll last twice as long as standard decking stains, keeping your decking looking good all year round.
- Lasts twice as long as standard Decking Stains
- Ultimate soaks deeper into the wood so it lasts longer
- Stops wood from greying and splitting
- Rainproof in 90 minutes
13 colours available
Ronseal Ultimate Protection Decking Stain
Ronseal Ultimate Protection Decking Stain colours and waterproofs your deck providing a longer lasting slip resistant finish.
Using advanced technology it penetrates deeper into the wood for increased adhesion and hardness build up to provide double the foot traffic protection and weather resistance versus standard decking stains.
Before You Start
Untreated, weathered decking: For untreated grey and weathered wood use Ronseal Decking Restorer to restore the deck's natural colour and provide a sound base for application which ensures the stain penetrates effectively.
Previously finished decking: Use Ronseal Decking Cleaner & Reviver to remove any dust, grease, oil, mildew, algae and other contaminants. Remove any loose, flaking or peeling coatings. To avoid patchiness, and if using a contrasting colour, make sure you remove all previous finishes using Ronseal Decking Stripper. Ensure cut ends are adequately protected using Ronseal Decking End Grain Protector.
New Wood: New decking should be allowed to weather naturally (usually 6 months). This will make sure any pre-treatment has eroded allowing the stain to penetrate and adhere to the deck. Clean the deck with Ronseal Decking Cleaner and Reviver using a scrubbing brush to open the pores of the wood and remove any contamination from the manufacture of the timber. Rinse thoroughly with clean water ideally using a pressure washer. Allow to dry fully before overcoating. Test effectiveness of the cleaning by slashing the deck with water. If beading occurs, re-clean. Retest before applying any stain.
- Ensure decking is thoroughly dry. Do not apply in damp conditions or when rain is likely before product has dried. Do not apply below 10°C.
- Stir thoroughly before and during use. Do not dilute.
- Use a good quality wide brush designed for water based finishes. Apply liberally to make sure the deck is evenly and sufficiently covered.
- Treat 3-4 boards at a time to avoid overlap marks. Ensure the leading edge is distributed evenly. Always work along the grain.
- Apply 2 coats. Allow 4 hours between each coat.
Usage Areas: Ridged or smooth hardwood and softwood decking.
Compatibility: Suitable for use on untreated, weathered or previously stained decking. If using a contrasting colour previous finishes must be fully removed.
Clean Up: Wash brushes out in warm, soapy water.