Diamond Hard Garage Floor Paint
Our Diamond Hard Garage Floor Paint will keep your floor protected and looking good. It's tough enough to park your car on and will stand up to grease and oil spills.
- Use on concrete or stone floors
- Protects against oil, grease & petrol spills
- Won't scuff or scratch
Write a review
Ronseal Diamond Hard Garage Floor Paint
Diamond Hard Garage Floor Paint is our toughest paint. It'll stand up to oil leaks and fuel spills and will leave a finish that's hard enough to drive on.
Before You Start
Remember to open all doors and windows for the best ventilation. You'll need to move everything out of your garage, so make sure it's left in a safe and secure place. Finally, get rid of any oil and grease stains and give the floor a good sweep.
Prep - Bare Floors
Make sure newly laid concrete has been left out for a month before you start to paint. This gives it enough time to bond and will mean there will be less dust when you prep it.
Wire brush the floor and remove any dust. Concrete floors can react with the paint and cause it to crack and blister. To stop this from happening, you'll need to seal the floor first with a separate Stabilising Solution. Alternatively just pour some of the paint into a container and dilute with 10% water. Then apply onto your floor with a brush or roller.
Leave to dry before starting to paint.
Prep – Previously Painted Floors
To get a good surface for the paint to stick to, make sure you've wire brushed the floor and wiped it down with white spirit.
Using Your Floor Paint
1. Use a large brush, roller or Perfect Finish pad to put it on.
2. Give the paint a really good stir. Start at the opposite end of the garage and work in small sections towards the door. Remember not to paint yourself into a corner!
3. You'll need to put another 1-2 coats down, leaving 4-6 hours between coats.
4. The floor will be at it's hardest after 72 hours. This is when we would recommend you start putting cars and motorbikes back into the garage.
Usage Areas: All concrete and stone garage floors. Not suitable for self levelling compound or power floated floors.
Compatibility: Bare and previously painted floors.
Clean Up: Clean all brushes with warm, soapy water